As of July 1, 2010 the U.S. Department of Energy Mandate states that that ballasts used in many T12 fixtures will no longer be produced for commercial and industrial applications. This includes Charlotte, NC, Spartanburg, SC and throughout the Carolinas. In addition, many T 12 lamps will be phased out of production beginning July 2012.
Now is the time to retrofit your T12 Fixtures with the most energy-efficient technology!
About the Phase-Out:
- Approximately 30% of all fluorescent lamps sold in the US are T 12 technology
- Responding to Federal Regulations, Manufacturers have phased out of production many T 12’s. As a result, 70% + of all T 12 lamps sold in the US have been phased out as of July 1, 2012
What Does This Mean For My Facility?
- Businesses and commercial facilities that use T 12 technology that has been phased out can expect the supply to dwindle which will drive the costs up. You will find T12 technology more difficult to acquire and certainly more expensive to own and operate.
- Businesses and commercial facilities that use the remaining T12 products can expect to see cost increases as lighting manufacturers turn their attention to producing more energy-efficient products such as high-performance T5 systems.
Which T12 Lamps Are Affected?
- T12 4-foot and T12 U-Bend lamps with medium bi-pin bases
- T12 8-Foot Lamps
- All 75 W F96T12 lamps
- All 60W F96T12HO Lamps (except the 800 series)
- All 95W F96T12/ES/HO Lamps
- All 110W F96T12 HO Lamps